1st ACTIVE INTERFACES PhD Seminar
The 1st ACTIVE INTERFACES PhD Seminar took place at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne on Monday the 11th of April 2016. On this occasion, the five PhD students participating in the ACTIVE INTERFACES interdisciplinary research project presented their work :
- Dr. Sophie Lufkin (EPFL LAST). Welcome greetings and presentation of the seminar.
- Ana Martins (EPFL PV-Lab). Building Integrated Photovoltaic Elements: challenges in design and reliability.
- Sergi Aguacil (EPFL LAST). BIPV scenarios for facade retrofitting: challenges in architectural design.
- Giuseppe Peronato (EPFL LIPID). Towards a decision-making framework to assess the BIPV potential in urban renewal processes.
- Hans Curtius (HSG IWÖ). Diffusion of solar photovoltaics: consumer preferences, peer effects and implications for clean energy marketing.
- Ran Xu (HSLU CC-EASE). Visual impact assessment of BIPV on retrofitted building envelopes.
The ACTIVE INTERFACES interdisciplinary research project, led by the Laboratory of Architecture and Sustainable Technologies (EPFL LAST), is conducted in the framework of the National Research Programme "Energy Turnaround" (NRP 70) of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). It aims at bringing a relevant contribution to the "Energy Strategy 2050". Through a holistic approach - from industrial production to local implementation - the project will help crossing over the current obstacles for a large-scale advanced implementation of building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) into urban renewal processes.